The first African American educational institution in Oklahoma City, Douglass High School occupied several locales before moving into the old Lowell School, where numerous community leaders taught and learned. Douglass was converted to Page Woodson Fifth Grade Center in 1954 and served in that capacity until 1994, when it closed permanently. This Oklahoma City landmark may be lost if action isn‘t taken soon.
|City/Town: • Oklahoma City|
|Location Class: • School|
|Built: 1910 | Abandoned: 1910|
|Historic Designation: • National Register of Historic Places (2007) • African American Heritage Site|
|Status: • Saved (2017)|
|Year(s) Listed: • 2010 • 2011|