Opened in 1921, it was the only tuberculosis hospital available in eastern Oklahoma for white Oklahomans. Built in the sanatorium model of the time, the facility provided long-term and out patient care for those Oklahomans suffering from the ills of tuberculosis.
|City/Town: • Talihina|
|Location Class: • Hospital|
|Built: 1930 | Abandoned: 1930|
|Historic Designation: • National Register of Historic Places (April 16, 2011)|
|Status: • Abandoned • Endangered|
|Year(s) Listed: • 2014|