The Calmez Hotel opened on Thanksgiving Day, November 28, 1929, in Clinton, Oklahoma. Featuring 130 rooms equipped with private power line, the Calmez was western Oklahoma’s finest hotel. The large, bright sign on top of the building that read “Calmez Hotel” could be seen for miles.
Over the years, the hotel’s grandeur faded and the building deteriorated. The hotel housed its last guests in the 1980s. Sadly, although locals tried to save it, the building was demolished in October 2000.